HOW TO GET YUMMY HAIR CANDY!!
What's the hottest trend for lovely locks now??
PASTEL, & more pastel hair colors. It's the biggest trend for sexy, fun locks. From pale whites to salmon pinks and sky blues, pastel dye is what's hot right now. From ombre styles to full-head coverage! The BIGGEST trend, is the infamous Lilac! Lilac hair colour has been seen on countless celebrities, like Amanda Bynes, Kelly Osbourne and the Olsen twins, and many fresh faces today. So, how did this trend come about? Mixing a tad bit of colored hair dye with tons of conditioner and applying it to bleached blonde/white hair. Well, I'll tell you how you can get it step by step! So GO pastel, and unleash your inner sexy! These colors are ultra feminine! soft, and innocent yet mysterious and sexy. So unique! Get the same results as the celebrities!
STEP 1 TO PASTEL HAIR:Gather all the supplies you'll need listed down below.
1. Hair Dye! (Splat, Manic Panic, or permanent dye.)
2. A bottle of WHITE conditioner.
3. A medium sized mixing bowl.
4. Hair dye brushes to apply the dye evenly.
5. Clear gloves.
6. Old T-shirt and towel.
7. If you hair isn't bleached yet, 40 vol. BLEACHING KIT. ( May have to do a few sessions depending on the darkness of your hair. Wait two to three weeks in-between) 30 vol. for lighter hair.
8. Purple toner shampoo for white & silver hair (after bleaching).
STEP 2 TO PASTEL HAIR:
After you've completed the process of bleaching your hair ( assuming that you've read the directions correctly or got your hair bleached professionally at a salon since bleaching WILL damage your hair) you can start mixing together the hair dye color of your choice and the conditioner in the bowl.
1. You want to use MORE conditioner than the hair dye of your choice. (Light hair dye colors are best.) any temporary toner, or conditioner and add about three parts conditioner and 1 1/2 part dye. This tones down the color and makes it pastel. You can do this with ANY color.
2. After mixing your dye, part your hair into four even sections. Put on your gloves, and began applying your dye with your dye brush to each section. Make sure you've fully covered all your hair.
3. If you're using manic panic hair dye ( which has conditioner in it also) , or another temporary dye that won't damage your hair, leave on for at least an hour. Since the dye mix has conditioner in it already, it shouldn't damage hair and you'll want the dye to take well to your hair. Check your hair every once in a while.
4. After about an hour or so, wash off, and add a teeny tiny bit of the dye (if you want to) to your conditioner or shampoo when washing out. This will help to keep the color from fading. Style hair as usual. AND Voilà!
You have gorgeous pastel hair!! Work it girl ;)
My Pastel Hair Extensions! The color is from the dye I created above!